Thursday, December 14, 2006

Brady Talks Smack

Tom Brady is not known for his trash talk. But he let loose yesterday, criticizing teammates, calling for greater focus and for players to adhere more to what the coaches have to say, and addressing the Dolphins' allegations that they had Brady's and the line's calls figured out. My favorite excerpt has to be from when he addressed the Dolphins' assertions:
"I don't see that. I'd love to see evidence of that; that they could know exactly what our line calls are," Brady said. "Our defense knows what our line calls are and it doesn't matter. They could say that, but I think that's a big crock of you know what. I think it's a matter of how we played. I'm sure if you asked them, it probably sounds good for them to say they have it all figured out, but they're 6-7 and we're 9-4, so go tell me who probably has it more figured out."

Ouch. Mark my words -- the Dolphins just pissed off the NFL's version of Michael Corleone. I look forward to next year's matchups when the Dolphins once again come into another season hyped as contenders. Meanwhile, call me the next time Miami wins a game that matters.

No comments: