Sunday, October 08, 2006

Where The Hart Is

Apologies for being such a poor regular contributor here; life's busy!

But I did want to pop up with some speculation on the election that's been temporarily forgotten in favour of the Foley-ridden mid-terms. I've previously taken pelasure in having tipped Gore for 2008 before it became fashionable to do so. Following a strong performance on the Daily Show last month, I began to wonder... what about Gary Hart?

Reagan was 70 when he came to office. Hart is 70 this year.

Hart's marital problems will be little impediment these days. He still has a strong military record and cannot be dismissed as weak on national security. Unlike Kerry, he can use that strength to move the debate onto other topics.

I haven't yet read The Courage of Our Convictions, but there must be some strength in a run by him.

Like Gore, he probably won't win, but his presence the race would at least be good.

Anyone up for drafthart.com?

1 comment:

dcat said...

Funny, I have always been impressed by hart, really ever since I saw him when I was 13 and he was ubiquitous in New Hampshire during the 1984 campaign.
I see him more as a Secretary of State or Defense possibility than I see him as a candidate, and frankly I think he could do more good in that capacity.
Thanks for the post!

dcat