Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Simpsons Movie: The Countdown Begins

In honor of the pending release of the Simpsons Movie, which opens on July 27, The Sun provides "Top Simpsons Rib Ticklers." This is far from a complete list as with only one or two exceptions it sticks to the Simpsons themselves, avoiding the minor characters who make the show so great. Nothing from Mr. Burns, Apu, Krusty, Police Chief Wiggum? Only one from Moe? Nonetheless, it's time to start gearing up for the movie event of the summer.


My favorite Mr. Burns moment, by the way, is the following exchange after Burns loses the election for Governor:

Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.

Hat Tip for the link to the Thunderstick.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bart to Reverend Lovejoy's Daughter: "I can't hang around with you anymore, you're turning me into a criminal when all I want to be is a petty thug."

dcat said...

Yup -- that's another great line from one of the great relatively early episodes. I love the idea at the end also where his "I'll show her" tactic is to do a really shoddy job cleaning the steps by toothbrush.

Cheers --
dcat

Thunderstick said...

Lisa: You can't take revenge on nature, Dad. That's the point of Moby Dick.

Homer: Lisa...the point of Moby Dick is "Be Yourself".

dcat said...

Homer: (Sotto Voce) "Mr. Burns -- I think you can trust the president of Cuba!"

That episode actually has several great lines.

dcat

Thunderstick said...

ALong those same lines:

Lawyer: Isn't it true that you have a tattoo that says "Die Bart, Die."

Sideshow Bob: No, it's German for "The Bart, The.:

Lawyer: Well nobody who's German could be evil. Parole granted!