Friday, July 27, 2007

Kop Lob Pob a Job

Longtime reader and commenter GoodLiberal now has a blog, Kop Lob Pob a Job. I'll allow him to explain:
Allow me to explain the title of my humble blog. I love a good pun, and newspaper headlines often provide some of the best. A long time ago, before we all realised that Karel Poborsky was mediocre, he was one of the most coveted midfielders in the world. Rumours abound that he was to grace the Premiership. And so it proved. However, The ooh ahh Daily Star! guessed the wrong team. Perhaps it was simply for the love of the pun, but the newspaper splashed that Poborsky would have the massed ranks of the Kop in raptures when he turned out in Liverpool's famous colours. He may have ended up at arch-rivals Manchester United, but 'Kop Lob Pob a Job' has stuck in my mind as being at the very summit of tabloid transfer pun-ditry.

I hope that this blog will cover politics, culture, sport, music and the many other things that interest me, in due course. Mao once said that 'every great journey starts with a single step'. He may have been a mass-murdering psycho, but he was right in this case. Here endeth my first blog post.

Welcome GoodLiberal to the blogosphere and to dcat's blogroll.