Friday, September 30, 2005

Sox v. Yanks

As you might have guessed, I am climbing the walls waiting for the Sox-Yanks matchup. I have no predicitons at this point. As the Thunderstick explains it, this is like a five game series, and the Yanks have already won game one. We need to win three of four. If we pull a sweep, we win the division. Two wins equals a 1978-esque playoff (and I'll have to see that fucking Bucky Dent home run, possibly the worst moment of my childhood, replayed ad nauseum). Only one win, and it is a long winter. It should be pretty close. They have Rivera. We have Big Papi. We have shown that we can get to Rivera. They have decidedly not proven the same about Ortiz.


On a related note, the publicity flyer for my Sox book came my way today. If all goes well, Bleeding Red will be available next week. If all goes even better, the Sox will still be alive. I'd give up the book for the Sox to make the playoffs. Then again, I am insane.

No comments: