Friday, September 16, 2005

Fall in New England, Via Holmesy

Our friend Rich, one of the former Rebunkers, makes me wistful for the late days of summer and early days of autumn in northern New England.



By the way, and apropos of nothing, in my survey class my students are reading a book about the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. One of the subplots is about a mass murderer whose surname is "Holmes." Yesterday in our discussion of the book I referred to him as "Holmesy," one of the names that Rich's buddies will call him. One of my students asked, puzzled, "Did you just call him 'Holmsesy?', and I explained that I did so in honor of my friend Rich Holmes. My students think I am strange.

1 comment:

dcat said...

Yo --
I heard about the Friday afternoon game. Almost Friday Night Lights in the 'Port. Yes, I can imagine Larry's reaction. It would be worth the price of admission.
Ahhhhh, Newport . . .
dcat