Thursday, June 18, 2009

FML: Choice! (Self Indulgence Alert!)

Freedom's Main Line (which is available for as low as $14.99 on Amazon right now!) is reviewed (may be available only to those with institutional subscriptions, as I cannot even access the review from my home computer) in July's issue of Choice. Keith Volanto (the author of a fine book on the Agricultural Adjustment Administration in Texas) gave FML a nice recommendation, for which I am grateful. Choice is the monthly magazine/reviews compendium of the American library Association. I recently reviewed (ditto parenthetical aside above) an important book by a very prominent historian for Choice, and she told me in an email that my review was more important for her sales than the one she received in the New York Times, because libraries often wait for the Choice imprimatur before purchasing titles.

No comments: