Monday, July 31, 2006

Three New Sports Blogs

My friend and colleague Brian let me in on three new sports sites. Highly, highly recommended -- in fact two rate in my top ten already. In reverse order of preference:


Deadspin is a sort of general sports blog from a former editor at The Sporting News.


If you are a college football fan, you should be reading EDSBS, "Everey Day Should Be Saturday." It is Florida-heavy, but definitely worthwhile.


But above all, the best baseball blog I have seen in a long while (especially since Sons of Sam Horn increasingly hides behind varous walls -- I cannot believe that they still have not given me a full membership at that freaking site) is the incredibly smart, insightful, witty, and when necessary, acerbic Fire Joe Morgan. This tends to run toward the stat-nerdy, but is unquestionably great. Here is just a sample -- defending ARod no less -- of these guys just eviscerating the sort of dumb commentary they see embodied in Joe Morgan. But this is aimed at their actual favorite target, HatGuy, who writes for MSNBC.


I love sports.

1 comment:

dcat said...

But the Yanks swallow and Jeter drinks wine colers.

dcat