Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Double Whammy!

So, until yesterday no Sox pitcher had spun a 1-0 win at Fenway since a guy named Pedro did so against San Diego in 2004, a year that turned out ok. Suddenly, the Sox have won two 1-0 games in a row after today's win with Beckett and Pepelbon on the mound. There had not been consecutive 1-0 games at Fenway since August 1990. The Sox had not won back-to-back 1-0 games at home since 1930. I'm a bit worried about the bats, but I think there is reason to have faith in the pitching.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dcat said...

Yo, Abhinav -- let's drop the holier than thou, all-knowing attitude. I have not read anywhere that you are the final word on all things Middle East. You've already asserted that you are the only objective source on the Israel question -- but only after couching your objectivity in your family history. In case you did not notice, I was out of the country for six weeks, was back for two days, and then left town for another four days to deal with wedding stuff. believe it or not, responding to you has not necessarily been my top priority.

As for this nonsense about "canned stuff left over from the freezer from 1996 or 2000," I suppose it will inconvenience you as a journalist for me to bring up historical evidence, as I realize you guys tend to make a mess of that sort of thing, but alas, the past is relevant.

Settle down and in the next day or two you'll get a response.

dcat

dcat said...

I'm ready for our second rings this century. i suppose you'll continue to look for your first. The 1990s are over, dude -- you're livin' in the past!
dcat

dcat said...

Yeah -- like Yankees fans can count to 27.