Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Revived in Durban

I'm now in Durban on South Africa's Indian Ocean coast, South Africa's favorite holiday destination. My hotel looks directly out onto the Ocean, and between me and the water lapping on the beach is the FIFA Fanfest. You can read all about it over at the Foreign Policy Association's Africa Blog. I will just add this -- there is something rejuvenating about going from freezing on the highveld to sitting with the windows open as I write this smelling the ocean air and listening to the already-growing bustle on the waterfront.

Tonight I hit the Nigeria-South Korea game. Meaningless? You bet? But it should be a fun game at what, if last night's glace was any indication, is the most spectacular of all of the new World Cup stadiums. Go Super Eagles!

No comments: