Thursday, June 04, 2009

For Rangers Fans

The Red Sox will be playing host to the Texas Rangers this weekend as something of an amuse bouche before the Yankees come to town. I thought my readers who are Rangers fans (and I know there are a few of you) would enjoy this gem from today's offering from Boston Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy:


The Rangers are leading the West and the Sox will get a look at them at Fenway this weekend. But it's hard to take Texas seriously. The Rangers are the only team in major league baseball to never win a playoff series. They will tank. Sooner or later. Always do.

Now, I do take the Rangers seriously. They have a very good young ballclub. For the first time, well, maybe ever, they have pitching to go along with hitting. And I need the Red Sox to win eacch of the three series the teams play this year -- never mind a possible playoff matchup -- if only not to hear it from my students (yes, Cannon and Jeremy, I'm thinking of you in particular).

1 comment:

CMAC said...

The Rangers Have showed early signs of competing and actually winning a play-off series this season! I do believe we went up to fenway and took 2 of 3 without probably the best player in the league and yes I do mean Josh Hamilton at full strength......