Saturday, October 20, 2007

An Emergency Situation

I'm in San Antonio for the weekend. This is not noteworthy. What is of vital import is that my sister/mother-in law do not have cable television, and two giant events, the finals of the Rugby World Cup, pitting the Springboks against England, and games six and seven of the Sox-Tribe series are taking place this weekend. A world without cable is a world in which the living envy the dead. I'll find a way to see the Sox game, at least, but I might have to follow South Africa's pounding of the defending world champs via the internets.


Predictions: South Africa 36-14 England. And I get the sense that we are destined for a game seven, if only because there is no way that God wants Tom and Don to have an enjoyable weekend. And he certainly enjoys watching me suffer, as we've seen in the recent past.

No comments: