Thursday, September 20, 2007

Vote on the Fate of the Bonds 756 Ball

Courtesy of longtime reader G-Rob (You probably better recognize him as "Greg" but we rock it differently here at dcat) comes the by now infamous poll that allows you to vote for what Marc Ecko should do with the Barry Bonds 756th home run ball. The three options are to donate it to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, to mark it with an asterisk, or to banish it into space. dcat's answer is clear, and by clicking on the following link, you can concur: Bestow it to the Hall of Fame. The other options are, in their rather obvious way, sort of clever. Kind of. But whatever your views, the ball is a part of baseball history. It belongs in Cooperstown where it will be all of ours to make of what we will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dcat,

Any word on how the voting is going? I don't follow baseball I'm wondering if you have any insight on it.

If this person does plan on "shooting it into space" -- how would the lay person accomplish this? Do you think he is serious?

dcat said...

Chet --
I'm not certain. The only way I could tell to follow the voting is by signing up to receive emails, and in all honesty that's a can of worms I'm not interested in opening.

As for the plausibility of launching it into space, the rich are, as they say, different from you (I presume) and me. Not only do they have more money; they also have the ability to gain access to ways to do stuff like, say, launch something into space.

My guess is that he hopes one of the other options wins!

dcat