Monday, November 07, 2005

Misc. Red Sox Book Stuff

I've been getting a ton of emails from many of you about the Red Sox book. Among the most popular questions have been the following:


Will I sign the book?


Absolutely. I may be doing an appearance at the ESPNZone in either DC or Baltimore this week/weekend as well as a signing at a bookstore -- all tba. But since most of you do not live in the DC area, I will gladly sign any copies you send to me. The address is:


Derek Catsam
Dept. of Humanities and Fine Arts
University of Texas of the Permian Basin
4901 East University Blvd.
Odessa, TX 79762


The second question a surprising number of you have asked, not all tongue in cheek, is about Amazon reviews. Since the publicist for my book also wondered if anyone I knew would be writing reviews, I thought I would address this question. I do not want any of you planting reviews unless you get the book, read the book, and like the book. If you meet all of those criteria, of course, and you want to review it, who am I to stop you? But for the correpondent who asked if he should go on and write five different, glowing reviews, I'd say no, that would seem wrong. Obviously I'd love good reviews on Amazon. I just want them to be earnest.


Can I get the book at my local bookstore?


The odds are, no. My publisher is small, works on print-on-demand technology, (which means bookstores can not load up and then dump them back to the publisher if they don't sell them), and does not have the wide reach of a major trade press. The book may appear in bookstores in scattered places, and you can always order it, but your best bet is still to order it online. (Here's the Amazon Link again).


Thanks so much for all of your support. We have a modest sales spike now, and of course I hope more of you will consider buying the book.

No comments: